We are overwhelmed. Our culture glorifies the busy so we wear being overwhelmed as a badge of honor. The kicker is this: we are the cause. Nobody is forcing us to overwhelm ourselves. We choose to overschedule and overwork. We have to take responsibility for ourselves and craft what we want our days to look like. This is when it’s most important for us to use the tools we’ve developed to tackle overwhelm on a day-to-day basis. We can focus in on our goals and craft our environments to reduce stress, complementing our lives in the process. With a few adjustments, we can be surprised not only by how much we accomplish, but by how much more we enjoy it along the way.
In This Conversation We Cover:
- [02:12] Addressing overwhelm by narrowing your focus
- [06:48] Not blaming overwhelm on other people
- [10:34] Addressing our beliefs around success
- [12:43] Using the tools you pick up when things get hard
- [17:45] Crafting your environment to reduce overwhelm
- [23:40] Taking inventory of your life