There may not be a time in history where we need to be more conscious of ethical and philosophical thinking than right now. We have so much division that, no matter what you think, it feels impossible to talk about anything of substance without the risk of ending relationships. But the thing is, philosophy is all about taking big ideas, controversial ideas, and purposefully seeking out dissenting information.
My guest today, Andy Norman, is trying to bring this concept to the masses. We discuss how to find the validity in an idea, how to challenge your own ideas and those others hold, and raising a new generation of critical thinkers.
Please enjoy this intuitive and intellectual discussion. It’s not what you’d usually hear on the show, but I can’t think of a more important conversation to be had today.
In This Conversation We Cover:
- [02:47] How philosophy can help us avoid bad ideas
- [09:40] Challenging people’s ideas
- [14:18] Talking around triggering topics
- [22:48] Having philosophical conversations with defensive people
- [36:00] Helping kids to think critically
- [42:54] How our past experiences alter our current thinking
- [53:32] Rapid-fire questions
- Read: Mental Immunity
- Instagram: @andynormanauthor
- Text “Dream Life” to 310- 388-9724 to get our FREE dream life course
- Mastermind: workhardplayhardpodcast.com/mastermind
- Connect with Rob on Instagram: @robmurgatroyd
- Connect with Kim on Instagram: @kimmurgatroyd
Work Hard Play Hard is a production of Crate Media