We all have a number in our heads that, if we made that amount of money, we could finally live the life we really want to live. We could quit our job. We could travel. We could eat out whenever we wanted, whatever it is. The problem is, that number goes up based on the amount of money you make – and it never stops rising. If you keep waiting until you hit “that” number before you start living your life, you’re going to be grinding until the day you die.
Instead, we spend this episode talking about removing yourself from comparison, finding out what your dream life really is, and backtracking from there instead of chasing arbitrary numbers that are only ever going to make you miserable.
In This Conversation We Cover:
- [2:09] The formula for how much money you want to make
- [5:06] Realizing what it would actually cost to live your dream life
- [10:22] Taking time to enjoy your life as it is
- [14:12] The comparison trap
- Text “Dream Life” to 310- 388-9724 to get our FREE dream life course
- Mastermind: workhardplayhardpodcast.com/mastermind
- Connect with Rob on Instagram: @robmurgatroyd
- Connect with Kim on Instagram: @kimmurgatroyd
Work Hard Play Hard is a production of Crate Media