Everybody wants to build a business these days. And when you think about starting a business, what’s the first thing everyone says? “Follow your passion. Do what you love.” As someone who does just that, it’s hard for me to scoff at the advice. It does work for some people.
But what if you don’t actually feel all that passionate about anything, or you don’t see a path to making that thing profitable? That’s where boring businesses come in. Stay with me here.
Building or buying a cheap, profitable, low-maintenance business can be a great way to reach your financial goals so that you can live the life you want without having to turn the thing you love most into a job. Today, we talk about when a boring business might be right for you, how to go about it, and when it’s time to draw a line between efficiency and living your best life.
In This Conversation We Cover:
- [04:14] Why we’re talking about boring businesses
- [06:38] Whether or not you should turn your passion into a business
- [11:36] Using boring businesses to support your lifestyle
- [16:55] Putting efficiency ahead of fulfillment
- Codie Sanchez: codiesanchez.com
- Alison Lumbatis: getyourprettyon.com
- Text “Dream Life” to 310- 388-9724 to get our FREE dream life course
- Mastermind: workhardplayhardpodcast.com/mastermind
- Connect with Rob on Instagram: @robmurgatroyd
- Connect with Kim on Instagram: @kimmurgatroyd
Work Hard Play Hard is produced and published by Crate Media.