Dr. Michael Gervais has helped countless high-performers, from Olympic gold medalists to top-ranking CEOs to Superbowl-conquering athletes and more, adopt the mindset necessary to achieve at the top of their field. He’s learned a few things about what makes these kinds of people tick – and he’s dedicated to sharing those lessons with the world.
Success is not magic, and it’s not impossible. It’s something anyone can attain if they recognize the tradeoffs. We talk about being a sports psychologist, coaching people to do the impossible, and finding balance between performance and happiness.
In This Conversation We Cover:
- [2:39] Interrupting the pattern of violence and finding compassion
- [8:06] Why competition brings out anxiety
- [15:56] How our instincts hold us back from stepping into our presence
- [27:30] What sports psychology is
- [35:21] Finding the balance between performance and happiness
- [43:59] Coaching someone through the impossible
- [52:10] Rapid-fire questions
- Instagram: @MichaelGervais
- Text “Dream Life” to 310- 388-9724 to get our FREE dream life course
- Mastermind: workhardplayhardpodcast.com/mastermind
- Connect with Rob on Instagram: @robmurgatroyd
- Connect with Kim on Instagram: @kimmurgatroyd
Work Hard Play Hard is a production of Crate Media