Andy Galpin is a country boy at heart, and he leveraged the work ethic that his community taught him to take on the world of fitness and exercise at a high level. With a degree in Exercise Science, a Master’s in Human Movement Sciences, and a PhD in Human Bioenergetics, he combined his love of people, science, and fitness into his full-time career as a scientist, teacher, and coach – or as he likes to put it, he “tells stories about human performance.” We talk about his background, how he uses storytelling to leverage a competitive advantage, and what he sees as the future of fitness and longevity.
In This Conversation We Cover:
- [02:29] What informs the work Andy does today
- [10:08] Storytelling as an unfair advantage
- [20:46] Bands or weights
- [24:15] Mobility training for the average person
- [28:12] Intermittent fasting and how stress affects your dietary health
- [37:02] The problem with sleep trackers
- [40:47] How long we will extend the human lifespan
- Instagram: @drandygalpin
- Read: Unplugged
- Text “Dream Life” to 310- 388-9724 to get our FREE dream life course
- Mastermind: workhardplayhardpodcast.com/mastermind
- Connect with Rob on Instagram: @robmurgatroyd
- Connect with Kim on Instagram: @kimmurgatroyd
Work Hard Play Hard is produced and published by Crate Media.